- Indian Railways Ticket Booking – Do’s And Don’ts !
- Hyderabad to Chennai Trains
- Jaipur to Kota Train
- Hyderabad to Shirdi Train
- Trains From Secunderabad To Kazipet
- Indian Railway Online Reservation
- Railway Ticket Availability
- Delhi to Haridwar Train
- Delhi To Mumbai Trains
- Train Tickets Booking
Total Visits: 376
Train Tickets Booking
Train Tickets Booking- A Way for Easy Traveling Option
Train Ticket Booking | Image Resource : thebetterindia.com
The train tickets can be booked both offline, at railway reservation counters, and online through web portal and mobile applications offering the facility of booking tickets from anywhere or any place.
There are five types of berths available for train ticket booking by the Indian Railways:-
- 1. AC First Class with private compartment for two or four berths and available with all the comforts of home.
- 2. AC 2 Tier which is less spacious as compared to First Class but has two berth on each side separated by curtains from the corridor.
- 3. AC 3 Tier with three berths in each side best for people with little low on budget.
- 4. AC Chair Car available on trains running shorter distances. Chair cars are fairly comfortable and also include food with the tickets.
- 5. Sleeper Class similar to AC 3 Tier only sans air conditioning. Choice of majority of people but not clean and undependable food supply.
Tickets can be booked for journey from and to various cities across the country. Also, there are several tour packages on offer by the Railway ministry which includes holiday packages, pilgrimage tours, Bharat Darshan tours, Joy rides on Toy trains etc.
Mobile applications for local and metro trains have been launched by the Railways in order to provide quick and hassle free tickets booking to daily commuters. Payments can be made through online wallet and the tickets can be printed from the ATVM machines.
The bookings open exactly 120 days from the departure date. The tatkal facility can be availed one day prior travel to get a confirmed ticket.